Below is the requirements to join in and all the information you will need for this contest.
Rules & Characters
"I am a [r a r e] species...
F i r s t things first: the * c h a r a c t e r s!
* I favor digital art over traditional. For this reason, please do not enter traditional art unless you have my permission.
* In order to join this contest, you must provide me at least 5 pieces. (You are encouraged to have more, but 5 is the minimum). Of these pieces, there must be at least one image of each of my fursonas (Pirate and Rune). For the other three pieces, you may choose from the list provided above. However, you may only draw Marionette once and yes, the monkey is to be included with the drawing.
* Of the five pieces,you must provide me with one piece that is full detail (high lighted and shaded) and one piece that is full body. For these two requirements, please tell me in your art descriptions which piece(s) is/are your requirement piece(s). These may be the same image, but they do not have to be.
* Of the five pieces, no more than two busts will be allowed, unless they are icons or badges.
* Because this is an art contest, I will be keeping all artwork of my characters that is entered, regardless of whether you place or not.
* The grand prize will only be given out if I have at least 15 contestants.
* When posting your entries, please only comment to this journal once. Every time you post a new piece of art, please reply to your first comment. Anyone who does not do this will have all art not in their first comment disqualified. I have posted an example in the comment section of this journal, please refer to it if you're unsure what to do.
* I do not want 5 minute entries. Please draw to the best of your ability, color in the lines and do your best to make the markings as accurate as possible.
This is an example of what I don't want. This is clearly not done well; the coloring is outside of the lines and Pirate's markings are not correct.
Pixel: 100 x 100
Flatcolor: 400 x 400
Shaded: 700 x 700
Bust: 300 x 300
Painting: 900 x 900
Fullbody w/ BG: 800 x 800
"N o t the prize gives the *j o y...
What's a c o m p e t i t i o n without * p r i z e s?
[G r a n d]
Winner's choice of:
2 years premium membership
4,000 dA points
*F i r s t Place
Winner's choice of:
2,000 dA points
S e c o n d;; Place
1,000 dA points
-T h i r d- Place
500 dA points
- Even art that does not place will be kept, since it is art of my characters.
- The grand prize will not be given out unless there are at least 15 entrants.
"This song is [e n d i n g]...
*A u g u s t 30th!
I will no longer accept art past August 30th, and I will decide no later than September 10th. August 13th is my 18th birthday. For this reason, you have the opportunity to draw a picture of all of my characters at a birthday party for Pirate, before the close of the contest. It does not count as one of your five pieces, but if you draw this piece of art, and you place in the contest (Grand-4th) you will receive 500 points in addition to your prize.
"N e v e r give up a *h a p p y middle...
T h a n k you for your -[t i m e]!
I hope you all enjoy this contest. You may use the contest banner with a link to this journal if you'd like to advertise my contest. You don't have to advertise to enter, but just keep in mind that the grand prize will not be given out unless I get at least 15 contestants. You may post the banner to dA and ChickenSmoothie but do not post elsewhere. Thank you all <3
Credit goes to all artists who originally designed my characters, and all art credit will always be given to each person who participates.
** Banner and formatting by Untamed--Spirit.
Edit: Got rid of Jemiah, decided to not have her in the contest afterall.. also edited the requirements.
UPDATE: Due to situations in real life, I have been absent from most social media sites.. because my situations will not be getting better any time soon, I've decided to extend the due date on my contest..